Bungalow Bay Koala Village
Backpacker Accommodation -
Magnetic Island, (Townsville) North Queensland.
The 100 bed budget YHA Resort was recognised as Australia’s best backpacker resort in the 2007 Australian Tourism Awards.
Nested into the national park, the 6 ½ acres of resort is built to harmonise with the environment and not impact on it.
|Ben Southall visits Bungalow Bay - The best spot on Magnetic Island- 17th Sept. 09|
- 25 private double / twin bungalows
- 5 islander bungalows offering dorm accommodation.
- Camping for 50 people offers all of the amenities of a resort while blending into the island’s sensitive ecological system.
Bungalow Bay Koala Village is Australia’s only resort with resident koalas and other Aussie wildlife in its boutique wildlife park.
- Hold a koala or a crocodile.
- Join a conducted tour in the nearby environments.
- A short walk away is Horseshoe Bay Beach, the centre of all water based island activities.
- Laze around the island’s resort tropical pool and then join in the fun at the famous “On the Rocks” Bar
Bungalow Bay Koala Village is a locally owned resort managed by the island resident owners, Brett and Janelle, who ensure a friendly, safe environment, with staff who wish to share their island.
CLICK HERE for a Google Map to Bungalow Bay, Magnetic Island, North Queensland, Australia.